Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ike's May be Coming to Berkeley

from betweenthebreadblog.com

Be still my heart. I'm hungover after attending the Best Martini of the East Bay competition last night (big shout out to People's Choice winner Moresi's) but this almost makes everything better. Apparently, Ike's owner Ike Shehadeh was scouting locations near the Berkeley campus. Near the Bear's Lair. Meaning you could possibly get drunk and eat an Eli Manning in the future, in Berkeley. And he might open it with the Soup Nazi, which I'm okay with as long as Ike doesn't let Al Yeganeh influence him into scrimping on the dirty sauce.

For those of you poor souls who haven't tried Ike's, imagine the best sandwich you ever ate. Now cover that whole thing in an amazing secret sauce and maybe slap some mozzarella sticks into it. It reminds me of the good ol' days of Mr. Pickles down in Isla Vista, only a zillion times better. They also have a bunch of awesome vegan sandwiches like the vegan Tom Brady, which is pretty much the only way I can stand him. You have to sit in a line longer than Morucci's during weekday lunch rush, but it is so so worth it. "If you love it so much why don't you marry it?" I would. And we would have sweet sweet sandwich babies, which I would eat. Mmmm sandwich baby. Until this Berkeley dream of mine comes to fruition, you can grab an Ike's sandwich next time you're in the city and thank me later.

10am-7pm
3489 16th St., San Francisco
ilikeikesplace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment