Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Newsday 6/28


Yes, once again, a late post, but I am battling the demons living in my throat and apparently breathing fire when I'm not looking. I'm the worst. Read this stuff instead and feel sorry for me.

Over in SF: Interested on where to find the best bloody mary in San Francisco? Donuts in the city? Best summer brunches across the bay? The Bold ItalicSerious Eats, and Tasting Table have your answers. Now who wants to go on a bloody mary taste test in the East Bay? And if you have major skrilla, go crash SF Mag's Best of the Bay Area party this Thursday. It will only set you back $100. Better yet, buy my ticket for me please and I will pump myself full of cold meds just so I can shake hands with important people as Drake's "Fancy" plays in my head.

In super old news...: Patxi's opened a Lafayette location. If you don't know...now you know. Go check it out at 3577 Mt. Diablo Blvd. I fell in love with Pizza Antica last night, so I'll be hard pressed to be swayed. Actually, who am I kidding, I'm fickle. Let's go eat pizza!

Smack some ladies: The Tri-Valley Roller Girls are recruiting! If you live in the Tri-Valley area (aka Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, or San Ramon) you can make like Rollergirl or Ellen Page in Whip It (depending on your reference) you can contact them over at trivalleyrollergirls@yahoo.com for more information about joining the team. I'm jealous.
[Source: Pleasanton Weekly]

Breakfast for dinner: Nick's Wheeley Good Breakfast Truck, owned by 22-year old Nick Bernard who's managing to make the rest of us twenty-somethings look even lazier, is serving up some serious looking noms in the East Bay. Cheddar buttermilk biscuit sandwich and Cuban breakfast sandwiches are always okay in my book. Check out the menu online or follow him on twitter to figure out where he'll be popping up, like Acme and Bites on Broadway.
[source: EBX: What the Fork]

New taqueria on Shattuck: Casa Bernal Taqueria opened at 2122 Shattuck Avenue last Tuesday. That's all I've got. Someone report back, since I almost never want Mexican unless I've been drinking.
[Source: Berkeleyside]

Late night service: The Broadway shuttle in Oakland will be running until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays starting in early July.
[source: Twitter]

Alright, that's it for now. Finally, right? I'm going to go dream of Bloody Mary's in a Niquil haze.

No comments:

Post a Comment