Friday, September 16, 2011

What to Do This Weekend: 9/16–9/18

You guys....I came home after work last night, ate nine bagel bites, and watched the CW/did Wii dancing until 5am. I am TIRED. Sorry for the lackluster post. Funemployment has been busier than I thought, and I'll be off in Yountville being fancy over the weekend, but there's a ton going on in the next few days and I hope you can enjoy some of it. I'm giving you tonight's stuff before I run off to an interview, and I'll finish the rest of the weekend before work tonight at nine.

Friday, September 16:
Martinis on the Plaza: Martinez is getting FANCY. They're throwing a swanky martini party, complete with 1940s attire (vintage or cocktail), live big band swing music, gourmet food from local restaurants, and martinis (obviously), from the town that brought you the drink. They'll have lemon drops, cosmos, and traditional gin and vodka martinis. On top of the drinks, they'll have free horse-drawn carriage rides and a vintage car show.
$60
6:30–10pm
Plaza Ygnacio Fountain at City Hall (525 Henrietta St), Martinez
website

ØL Beer Cafe Opening: See my write-up here. If I can get my tail light fixed in a reasonable amount of time tonight, I'll be there.1541 Giammona Dr., Walnut Creek
website

Park(ing) Day: Several downtown parking spaces in Walnut Creek (I know, right? We need our parking!) will be transformed into mini parklets to "emphasize natural resources and open spaces."
[source: Patch]
11am–3pm
website

Friday, September 16–Sunday, September 18:
Concord Greek Food and Wine Festival: I did an event write-up on a different Greek festival, and it had me seriously salivating over souvlaki and baklava. There will be Greek recipes, wine, and music. Seriously, just read the website. I need Greek food like...two hours ago.
[source: Patch]
$5, unless you download a coupon for free admission
Fri 5–11pm, Sat & Sun 12–11pm
St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church
1955 Kirker Pass Rd., Concord

Saturday, September 17–Sunday, September 18:
Lafayette Art, Wine, and Music: Going strong for 16 years, Lafayette Art, Wine, and Music is back this year with over 250 arts and crafts booths, live music, and a special section for local artists to exhibit their work. Ale Industries and Heretic Brewing will have a booth, and they'll have a special section for "premium wines." As far as food, you can snag grilled lingica sausages, crab cakes, and grilled figs with goat cheese, among usual fair fare.
Free admission
Sat 10am–7pm, Sun 10am–6pm
3535 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Lafayette (free shuttle from BART)
website


No comments:

Post a Comment