Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Opening: Prizefighter in Emeryville



To get this out of the way, I figured Emeryville had no bars. I figured it was just Ikea meatballs and Rudy's Guinness milkshakes. So I got really excited when I got word of Prizefighter, a new bar coming to that awkward town that's not quite Oakland but not ready to jump the bay.

As per Thrillist, Prizefighter's facebook page makes mention of shuffleboard, and desperately squinting at a tiny picture of the menu it looks like there'll be cocktails, wine, and beer. The space looks all wood and cozy dark lighting and old school touches like old boxing art and brick, so clearly I am already in love with it. Also according to Thrillist, there will be pitchers, and I wasn't called pitchers Haney by approximately one person for nothing. I'll be there. Looks like they're already open, so anyone who stops by before I do can feel free to taunt me in the comments.

6702 Hollis St., Emeryville
prizefighterbar.com

[source: Thrillist]

No comments:

Post a Comment