Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tough Mudder Tuesday: Running the Lafayette Reservoir


I am not a runner. I'm envious of people who can say that they are. That they get "in the zone." That those six, or 10, or 15 miles just fly by. I usually spend the first mile waiting for it to not feel terrible, and then the next two hoping it's over. And yes, I max out around 3-4 miles, and I'm supposed to run around 11 for Tough Mudder.

If you're like me, and hate running, and feel like you're dying...try the Lafayette Reservoir. It's not nearly as pretty as running the trail around the lagoon at UCSB (but let's get real, what is?), but it's a nice semi-challening three-mile trail. You'll get some gradual hills which will require you to furiously pump your arms to get up them, and plenty of downhills to catch your wind again. I wrote wine and that sounded way more motivational. Go early so you don't hate yourself in the heat.

They also rent out paddleboards there! So much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment