Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cinco de Drinko! Mayo? Cinco de Mayo!!


I...am a stock image

I’ve got to admit…I kinda dropped the ball on this holiday. Cinco de Mayo always sneaks up on me, and all of the sudden it’s like “Oh crap, quick! Go buy some Coronas or something! Wait, what does that ‘most interesting man in the universe’ drink? Dos Equis? Screw it, get those. Buy some sombreros while you’re at it” (or something like that).

So, with apologies out of the way, try and find something in here to enjoy while slurring drunkenly that you took three years of high school Spanish, before you puke up all those shots of well tequila and inevitably call in sick on Friday. Feel free to leave other events in the comments, since I’m sure I overlooked a zillion. But I promise I can do better! I can change! I can be the blog you need! Don’t go baby…

Maria Maria: They have been putting their Cinco de Mayo event on the ho stroll, pimping it out to any website that will list it. And I’m shameless, so I’ll give it a nod. Both the Danville and Walnut Creek locations will have live bands on at 9pm, no cover. Tainted Love, the Danville band, will be doing 80’s dance songs, while Honey Circuit will be crooning out 80s hits and pop rock. Mexican? Not exactly, but tequila and tacos are, and they have both. There

Club 1220: They’ll be slinging $3 corona bottles, with a bucket going for $12. Their website also promises tequila shot specials, sustenance in the form of chips and salsa and chicken carnitas, and no cover from 9pm-12am. And yes, it’s technically a gay bar, but they welcoming of heteros as well.

Vice: I’m usually not a fan, but for the sake of listing it, I’ll let you know that they’ll be scrapping Western night in favor of a Cinco de Mayo themed DJ night, including one called DJ Sauvecito. I just can’t.

Redux: FREE SOMBREROS! If that’s not enough (really?), their “Dirty Sanchez” celebration will also feature Corona, Pacifico, and margarita specials. Get on the guest list for free admission after 11pm.

Walnut Creek Yacht Club: If you feel like being classy, they’ll be doing $5 drink specials and $3 Sol, as well as a $5 Antojitos menu featuring items such as queso fundido and ceviche. Please don’t puke here.

Outside the Burbs: Miss Pearl’s will have mariachi and margaritas (1 Broadway, Oakland. (510) 444-7171), and Jupiter promises Latin jazzfunk and bluesrock on the patio and Mexican pizzas in the kitchen (2181 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley. 510-843-8277).


UPDATE:
According to their facebook page, The Prickly Pear Cantina in Blackhawk Plaza is serving 3 for $10 "Corinas," which I can only assume are like Coronas but fancier (or a typo).

No comments:

Post a Comment