Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Pleasaton Wine Stroll and Bastille Day

If you're not going to see Harry Potter tonight because you have things like "self-respect" and "dignity" try checking out some of these events going on around the bay.
From pleasantondowntown.net. I do not know these people.
Pleasanton Summer Wine Stroll: The weather may not be particularly summery, but I've found that red wine always keeps people warm. Head over to Pleasanton for their 11th annual wine stroll. $30 gets you tastings from more than twenty wineries from the Livermore valley and East Bay, an event map, and a commemorative wine glass and lemme tell you, I am still loving my two ounce glass emblazoned with Mancini's Sleepworld from the Walnut Creek wine walk. 6–9pm. You can pick up tickets as early as 5:30pm over at Firehouse Arts Collective (4444 Railroad Ave.).
website

Bastille Day: I guess today/tonight is Bastille? For some reason I was always convinced it was the 15th (I point fingers at my mom and her birthday being this Friday). I was going to try and compile some sort of list, but Diablo did a great job if money's no problem (mo' money mo' problems) in the East Bay, and Grubstreet and SF Weekly have you covered in the city. Grubstreet makes mention of free cupcakes and free admission into RN74's celebration,  and SF Weekly tips readers off to a rather pricey but fun-sounding Anti-Bastille Day soiree for all of you French haters. Bonjour, merci, etc. etc. Now's the only time you may get away with wearing that ridiculous beret and boat-neck striped tees with ballet flats. And I'm sure you ladies will find something to wear, too. UPDATE: 7x7 has also chimed in with a list.
Diablo's List
Grubstreet's List
SF Weekly's List
7x7's List

No comments:

Post a Comment