Friday, November 18, 2011

What to Do This Weekend: 11/18–11/20

I bet you thought this would never come back. I bet you probably didn't really care. But here it is...your look at the weekend. I had a hot second of free time between assignments, reunions, etc and I spent it on you. You're welcome.


Friday, November 18:
Boogie at Blackhawk Plaza: I think they do these nights at Blackhawk Plaza fairly frequently, but this one's 80s themed! Meaning you can wear acid wash and I can try to justify wearing my blonde afro again! Jukebox Heros will be providing the 80s covers (I just want Hall & Oates all night every night, with maybe some Tears for Fears or Safety Dance in the mix), and you can pick up beverages from the Prickly Pear Cantina, Roti8, Blackhawk Grille, and Stomp.
6–8pm, Free (drinks additional)
Blackhawk Plaza, Danville
event website

Saturday, November 19:
Masses Fall Fest: I don't normally send people to Masses. I don't know why, I just don't. Maybe because I haven't been in over a year. Maybe because their drink prices increase as the night goes on (not a joke). But I am all about their fall fest celebration. Except the $7 beer and shot special, but that's because my ankle is still healing. I mainly want to go to witness the chugging competition, turkey throw, and pie eating contest. Did I mention this is walking distance from my house? This may need to happen.
1–5pm
2721 N. Main St., Walnut Creek
website

Apricot Lane Boutique Opening: Yes, I'm sending you back to Blackhawk Plaza, but only because I cover style now and since I'm poor, I assume others of you are poor and want to take advantage of discounts on clothes. For the Apricot Lane opening, everything will be 25% off Saturday and Sunday. You'll also have the chance to meet with style expert Lilliana Vazquez, which sounds like something I should probably do so I'll see you there.
2–6, discount runs all weekend
4040 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Danville
website

[photo from Leoluca handbags]
Sunday, November 20:
Thread: Indie Design and Fashion at the Metreon: It takes a lot to pull me away from football. Like an entire offensive line. But this showcase of indie designers, which features men and women's clothing, jewelry, shoes, and accessories, also promises cocktails, massages, and a PHOTO BOOTH. I'm so conflicted. There will also be a DIY gift-wrapping station, so make sure you bring someone worse at wrapping than you so you can feel artsy and successful.
11am–5pm, $10 at the door, $5 with advance registration (see website)
Metreon, SF
website

No comments:

Post a Comment