Monday, April 23, 2012

Tough Mudder Thursday: Week Two

**NOTE: i have no idea when I wrote this, but it's still pretty accurate.

Alternately titled "Why Am I Doing This?"

But seriously, I got home from a day of running around (driving) to the new Ej Phair Brewery and Taproom in Pittsburgh, new Convert Shoes on Fourth Street in Berkeley, and then swung by the 10 Crosby by Derek Lam launch party and trunk show at McMullen, and the last thing I wanted to do was run.

Also, it's really hard to find the motivation to run after you work 10 hours.

Also, I don't think I'll ever wake up early enough to work out before work, because even 15 minutes early has me desperately clutching around on my nightstand with eyes closed, willing for those goddamned chimes or whatever the hell peaceful noise apple decided to default their iPhone with to stop.

The only thing that got me to my apartment gym was remembering I had a Labyrinth tee with a big ass Bowie peering menacingly over a snow globe with Jennifer Connelly trapped in it. Oh, and I cut the sleeves and collar off for an 80s party. So clearly, this shirt is the coolest thing I own, and the only thing motivating me to go to my apartment gym. Seriously. It took me 15 minutes to tie my shoe.

Things are not going smoothly in training camp Haney.

No comments:

Post a Comment